Job Title: Community Outreach Worker
Status: part-time (15hrs per week) start May 15th, 2021 – May 15th 2022 (possibility for more hours depending on funding)
The Community Outreach Worker will work at the Cherryville Community Food & Resources building providing information and support to inquiring individuals. A focus on working with the aging population and volunteer recruitment and coordination is a priority. The Community Outreach Worker will work closely with our team to grow the organization and implement services that meet the unique needs of our community.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work, Human Service Certification, or undergraduate degree in related field
- Experience working in community, familiar with Cherryville area an asset
- Knowledge and experience of working with aging population is preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s License as well as a clear driver abstract and access to personal vehicle for work related purposes
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships
- Technical skills a requirement (computer savvy, able to use excel and word, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing information and referral through phone calls, drop-ins (once safe to do), and one-on-one appointments
- Recruiting, screening, and coordinating volunteers
- Tracking and reporting (maintain call log, compiling data, taking notes/records, etc.)
- Checking in with ED on regular basis, give reports and provide data, discuss common needs/concerns of the community
- Networking and facilitating/strengthening relationships with community partners and stakeholders
- Pursue and support community development opportunities
- Experience working in a setting where confidentiality is required
- Must adhere to COVID-19 guidelines, policy, and protocols
This is a part-time position, consisting of 15 hours per week at 21.00/hour (includes MERCS). This position is secure for one year with the potential to continue depending on funding availability. Hours can be moved around to fit schedule of Community Outreach Worker.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume with at least two references by email to:
Meghan Derkach, Executive Director at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, please note only the applicants under consideration will be scheduled an interview.