THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED – thank you to all who applied.
Job Title: Pre-made Senior Meals Cook and Food Bank Helper
Status: 12-week position, April 15th – December 18th 2021
The Cherryville Community Food Bank is hiring a temporary casual worker to join our team in Cherryville for the year of 2021. We have an incredible team of local staff and volunteers who work together to provide various resources and services to the community. We are constantly growing our vision and working collaboratively to bridge services and resources to our community.
We are looking for someone to join our team and take on the role and responsibilities for cooking our monthly senior meals for the remainder of 2021. There is potential for hours to continue into 2022. In addition, there will be three weeks dedicated to helping at the food bank including the construction of our Christmas Hampers and processing food harvested from our Community Garden in September.
**This is a work opportunity for anyone that is qualified to receive B.C. income or disability assistance – it is meant to provide short-term relief for individuals effected by COVID-19 and increase their ability to participate in the labor market. Note: you do not have to be actively in receipt of income or disability assistance payments from the Ministry or Government of Canada to be eligible for this position.
Meal Cook Responsibilities:
- Working with staff to determine meals that will be cooked each month
- Picking up adequate supply of food to construct 100-125 pre-made meals
- Taking the lead on cooking meals, includes delegating tasks to volunteers who help prepare, cook, and construct pre-made meal containers
- Must adhere to food safety requirements
Training, Experience, and Skills:
- Must have current Food Safe – if you do not have this, there is opportunity to get it free through the Food Bank
- Experience in cooking, particularly with large quantities of food
- Effective time management skills is necessary
- Willing to work collaboratively with a team of staff and volunteers
Wages: stipend of $300 per meal completed (9 meals); 3 weeks helping at food bank ($300 per week) for total of 12 weeks of work.
The Cherryville Community Food Bank Society takes COVID-19 safety protocols very seriously and the person employed in this position will be expected to comply with our policy and procedures to reduce risk of spreading the virus and maintain safety.
If you are interested in applying for this position, contact Sharon Harvey at 250-550-6646. Please have a current resume available, there will be an interview scheduled for all candidates who meet requirements.